Home-Life Package Ideas
Chances are the space you’re using in your home right now has become multipurpose and a smorgasbord of functions. Your living room is now a gym; your dining room a classroom; and the once-forgotten nook in the corner of your bedroom is now a home office.
If you’re living in a condominium, then you know how small your small space has drastically become. The 1.5 rooms in your apartment are multi-purpose because it’s where you spend all your time living.
You might become aware of how easy it is to get lost in the clutter and hubbub of it all. But fear not. We believe in optimizing every space to fit our client’s personality and needs. That’s why we’ve developed a brand new “Home-Life” Discount Package to serve you.
The Home Life Discount Package is taking $500 off our regular “Your Space” package, starting as low as $800 dollars per package. This discount is available until the end of May.
It’s our way of helping you create more function and style in the space you spend all of your time in, especially now when we’re being asked to stay indoors.
But How Do Our Packages Work?
Our Good Space Plan packages come in three options.
Some Space Package
Perfect for a small and cozy one-bedroom apartment at $ 3,200.00. This plan includes the entrance, dining area, living area, bedroom, and functional fix up for one bathroom.
More Space Package
Better for larger homes and apartments that are two bedrooms, including the entrance, living room, dining area, master bedroom, a kid’s bedroom or guest bedroom or den or flex space and functional fix up for two bathrooms at $ 4,500.00.
Your Space Package
If you want more or less than what the other two packages provide, then Your Space is the package for you. The price of your plan will depend on the number of rooms chosen. The rooms are based on functionality rather than walls. For example, a living room/dining room shared space is considered two rooms.
Do you Need Help with Just a Single Room or a Few Spaces in Your Apartment?
The new Home-Life Package is your answer then!
Based on the ‘Your Space’ package, Home-Space takes into account the room you use most often for many purposes. You might be using your living room as an office and children’s playroom at the same time. Or, your bedroom has become your sanctuary/gym and home school study. Whatever it is we will provide a quote based on the size of your room and take $500 off our regular Your Space pricing.
The Home-Life Package Builds Function and Style in Your Multipurpose Space
Because we’re an online, e-design company, we don’t need to be in your homes at all to help you! We love working with our clients’ existing furniture and if you need help repurposing what you already have, we can do that too.
We understand what it’s like to live in a small space with other people. If you feel your space is too cluttered, or you lack the privacy you need for peace and quiet, we can help by restructuring the space to fit your specific needs, while adding the flare to meet your own personal style.
What Do We Need From You?
To access our Home-Life discount, just select the ‘Your Space’ package in our package plans. All we need from you are:
- Photos of the space(s) you are looking to renovate
- A few notes on the function it is currently serving.
- Notes on how you want it to serve you.
We will provide you with the quote and $500 off discount.
Every package includes a questionnaire for us to learn more about you and your style. We will also book a video call between you and our online interior designer to discuss the use of your space, including its function, light, colours, furniture and what your expectations are for the end result. From there, our design team creates a floor plan and design to follow your vision and YOU get to start bringing it to life!
Let’s Look at “Home” Differently.
Our Home-Life package will help keep you busy and loving your home while staying inside to flatten the curve.
We know you’re staying inside because it’s what’s best for the health of our neighbours and communities, but we also want you to love the space you’re in while isolated. We hope this package helps to ignite that spark of creativity and joy you may be searching for right now. We are just a call or email away. Email us [email protected] or (604) 669-2064.
Spring cleaning tips from the home experts
Longer daylight hours are finally upon us and the sunshine is (hopefully) here to stay. But, those gorgeous warm rays are going to highlight all the dust and dirt in our homes! Time for some spring cleaning tips from the home expert team at Good Space Plans Online!
We’re going to share some of our favourite decluttering and spring cleaning tips, and how you can incorporate Spring 2020 home decor trends into your home.
As you declutter to make room for new furniture, it can be nervewracking making sure it all fits. Subscribe to our newsletter and get our easy to follow free delivery guide to make sure you never sweat a delivery again.
Cleaning tips for Spring
Spring cleaning can seem like a gargantuan task so many of us avoid it! Like any big task, breaking it down into manageable chunks can make a huge difference and helps increase the likelihood that we’ll actually do it.
Here are some of our favourite tips to make spring cleaning easier this year:
- Declutter first: Decluttering your spaces can make a quick, noticeable difference. Seeing how much cleaner your home can be when you get rid of things you don’t need, can be a great motivator to keep tidying and cleaning! That’s why we always suggest decluttering as our first spring cleaning tip.
- Use a checklist: Do you love the satisfaction of crossing stuff off your to-do list? Then make a list of everything you want to clean and check it off as you go along. Here is a handy spring cleaning checklist you can start with.
- Break it up: If your list looks too daunting, break it into chunks. You could do a few tasks every day, do it one room at a time, or group similar cleaning tasks together.
- Work top to bottom: Try to clean higher areas first. This way if dust and debris fall down, you won’t have to re-clean areas you’ve already done!
- Consider green: When possible, consider eco-friendly cleaners for your home. A steam cleaner is a great, chemical-free way to clean sofas and floors.
- Hire help: Who says you have to clean your own house! Hire a reputable cleaning company to clean the things you don’t want to!
When you finish any big cleaning job, reward yourself! Maybe you can go out for dinner (as a bonus this means no dirty dishes tonight). Break open a bottle of special wine. Book yourself in for a special spa treatment. But of course, the BEST reward is just walking around in a clean, clutter-free home!
And, now that your home has been tidied and cleaned, it’s time to bring the Spring inside your home. Next, we’ll look at what spring 2020 design trends we’re expecting.
Spring home decor trends for 2020
Spring signifies rebirth and fresh starts and this year’s home decor trends are no exception. This session we’re expecting design trends that create new space for new energy and rebirth.
Here are some spring home decor trends from House Beautiful:
- Pops of pink: Picking a bright accent colour is a great way to easily celebrate the season. This spring, we’re expecting pink to be a popular colour. It’s fresh, bright, and can be easily worked into your room as an accent pillow, throw, rug, or fun decor item.
- Pendant lights: Pendant lights have long been a popular home decor trend, but this season we’re going to see them in larger clusters. Perhaps you could add them around a traditional chandelier over your dining table. We’re also going to see more pendant lighting made from natural materials.
- Floral wallpaper and wall decals: We’re not talking tacky turn-of-the-century floral wallpaper, instead, look forward to larger floral patterns and designs. They are sure to become a great conversation piece at your next housewarming or party.
- Neutral walls: If floral wallpaper is too loud for your style, then choose a neutral wall colour. It will stand the test of time and work with virtually any furniture and seasonal decor you bring into the room.
- Bird decor: Following in the natural and floral themes of Spring 2020, we’re expecting to see whimsical touches of bird-themed decor around the home.
- Rattan pieces: Furniture made from rattan palms add great natural-looking textures to your space. Look for Rattan furniture in either vintage or modern-looking designs based on your design style.
- Mixed metals: Don’t be afraid to mix different metal fixtures and hardware in your home. We’ve seen some great kitchens with miss-matched knobs and handles. To avoid too much chaos, pick either a finish, colour, or shape to be consistent, and then mix and match other qualities.
Sometimes after doing your spring cleaning, you may notice that it’s also time to buy new furniture for your home!
We always love to support local and Canadian designers and manufacturers, so we recommend:
When you do choose to buy new furniture, be sure it can actually fit in your space. We can’t tell you how many times we’ve had people come to us saying they bought a new sofa or dresser and couldn’t get it inside their home!
To avoid this, download our free guide to ensuring a smooth furniture delivery this spring.
And if you need help to redesign and reimagine your new home spaces, contact us to book a Good Space Plan.
The Design of Your Bedroom in a Small Space.
When is bed more than a bed?
When it has integrated storage! How much stuff is under your bed? True confessions are that mine doesn’t have an inch of space left under there! That is why we love a lift storage bed – these add an amazing amount of storage and function. The reason a lift storage bed is usually the best option for small spaces is that it goes up and not out like drawers. Storage beds with drawers when opened require space around the bed, often in small spaces this isn’t possible. Well designed lift storage beds allow some toe space under them. If you have ever smashed your toes on the bed you will know what we mean. There are wood and upholstered options so lots of creative possibilities.
Tip: A lighter weight mattress is best for a storage bed – especially a king!
Where does my coffee go?
Bedside tables also have potential for storage. The key is get the height right – you don’t want to reach up from your mattress to your bedside table top. These can be freestanding or wall mounted – we think the surfaces should be durable or at least have a tray for protecting the top from a hot coffee mug – because a cozy coffee or tea in bed is the best!